Who are we?
The Northern Veterinary Group has two 100% small animal clinics in Kilmore and Wallan only 40mins north of Melbourne CBD. We focus on in-house treatment and achieving the highest standard of care. Our vision is to always deliver the ultimate standard of veterinary care and to be the practice of choice for pets, friends and families. Our new hospital is an emergency and critical care centre for the north central region of Victoria. We love working as a team, chatting about cases and ensuring every employee is feeling fulfilled. Both our hospitals are fully equipped and we can provide 24hr round the clock care for patients.
We currently have one nurse position
Nurse or Veterinary technician- GP & Emergency
Full Time or Part time
Who are we looking for?
· The position would suit a Cert IV qualified vet nurse or veterinary technician
· Strong teamwork skills and a commitment to maintaining the gold standard of care
· Passion for patient treatment
· Enthusiastic and friendly
· Confidence in your patient care, recognizing patient distress/pain scores
· Ability to calculate fluid rates, place catheters, take blood samples
What will we offer you?
A purpose built, brand new, fully equipped veterinary hospital with everything you need to be the best nurse you can, and want, to be.
- Essential patient monitoring equipment
- Critical care equipment (ventilators, oxygen cages, blood pressure monitors)
- Full in-house IDEXX laboratory equipment
- Exposure to all levels of surgery and critical care for patients
A team of confident, supportive nurses who help each other to ensure the best for all clients and patients
A team of vets keen to help you learn new techniques and give you the autonomy to treat patients without looking over your shoulder
4 weeks annual leave
Funded professional development to help you grow and improve your skills
· Full time or part time available
· Salary commensurate with experience and above award
· Mixture of day and night shifts, rostered 38hrs per week
Be part of a new chapter in our growing clinic. If this sounds perfect, send your cover letter and resume to:
Dr Paul May BVSc. MACVSc. (surgery)
Northern Veterinary Group